TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: From a Language Expert's Desk
Beelzebub - 2013-05-22
In response to Re: From a Language Expert's Desk (Collyhurst retired sewage worker)

Given that even the norwegian military and spanish provincial government offices are using linux on their systems, don't you think it might be prudent to consider linux users? Linux is a damn sight safer than windows in China overall, to boot?

Well said indeed, Collyhurst Retired Sewer Worker; I also feel that Turnoi is being a tad insensitive in not providing for Linux users when he offers his software. It's not only the Norwegian Military and Spanish government who have wised up to Linux but also The Exeter Crematorium and the Funeral Parlour I worked for. When I asked my boss at the time why he used Linux instead of Windows, he said it was more secure when dealing with sensitive matters, and also that Windows can put one in an inappropriate mood, which the work of looking after the Dear Departed is just not needed. He said that the straw that broke the camels back for him was just before an important funeral- he had sat down at the computer beforehand and suddenly, as happens in Windows, a pop up advert appeared, literally stating(words to the effect) Suck it and see, trial Asian Wives seek trial marriages to Westerners aged as old as you like. He said that he was unable to get some naked disgusting pictures out of his mind during the sombre occasion that followed, affecting him in an embarrassing way, which was noticed by the mourners. He said you don't get any of those sort of distraction when you use Linux.

Apropos your post concerning your big gut.., I am wondering, do you have a laptop and do you sometimes use it on your lap? How do you do that, you wouldn't be able to see the keyboard, or do you touch type? A fat bloke admitted to me the other day actually that he hadn't seen the little man for years(only in a mirror) because his gut was always in the way hahaha- hope you don't have that trouble....well spose you must....

Messages In This Thread
Re: From a Language Expert's Desk -- Collyhurst retired sewage worker -- 2013-05-22
Re: From a Language Expert's Desk -- Beelzebub -- 2013-05-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: From a Language Expert's Desk

Go to another board -