TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: From a Language Expert's Desk
Beelzebub - 2013-05-23

Well, I know there are cross-platform applications like Open Office or Libre Office. But they do not have the features that I am in need of - as I said, I have some expensive software like
Key 5.x and estroke 2.x. They are windows-based and exactly what I need when working with Chinese texts; many renowned publishers providing books on Chinese language make use of them as well.

Fair enough, you do have special needs and whereas you could find alternative ways of doing it all on Linux, it would probably take you a couple of years of hard work with no time at all for anything else to achieve it. But for most FT's Linux would be better and safer than Windows. For normal use I cannot for the life of me understand why FT's use fake Chinese Windows when they could use genuine legal free Linux. i hereby give you special dispensation to carry on using Windows- go in peace and sin some more hahaha.

Messages In This Thread
Re: From a Language Expert's Desk -- Beelzebub -- 2013-05-23
Re: From a Language Expert's Desk -- Collyhurst retired sewage worker -- 2013-05-23
Re: From a Language Expert's Desk -- Beelzebub -- 2013-05-24
Re: From a Language Expert's Desk -- Collyhurst retired sewage worker -- 2013-05-24
Re: From a Language Expert's Desk -- Beelzebub -- 2013-05-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: From a Language Expert's Desk

Go to another board -