TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How to attract Chinese pretty women for short romances.
juanisaac - 2013-06-07

We are in agreement Turnoi, China's foreign language teachers have made great strides in their training methodology. Every year my school, and many others, send their teachers abroad for 3-4 months of training in places like Canada and Australia. As I walk by some classrooms I see them using debates, presentations, speeches etc., but the grammar translation method is still the preferred method.
But, native teachers still know the nuances of the language, any language, that most Chinese teachers will not know only because they have not spent their whole lives using the language. This is where we DO contribute to Chinese learning. For example, the obvious of pronouncing the language in a way someone else will understand, such as the teaching of phonics. In writing, the western style is more direct than the Chinese way of writing with less flowery language. Also, Chinese writers tend to be less general in their examples as they rarely give specific examples. Foreign teachers are generally more creative and the lessons are not so boring either. For the Chinese who want to study abroad, this is necessary.
Here, in the small town I live in, we have many schools and some foreign teachers. Each one has their own place, and the students that have both good foreign and Chinese teachers grow very fast in all their skills. I once took one of my primary school students to a German Bar, his parents also went so don't call me an abuser, and I had him talk to all the foreigners there. He did not shut up for two hours.

To go back to what my original point- Chinese teachers are not as poor as they used to be.

Messages In This Thread
Re: How to attract Chinese pretty women for short romances. -- juanisaac -- 2013-06-07
Re: How to attract Chinese pretty women for short romances. -- Collyhurst retired sewer worker -- 2013-06-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How to attract Chinese pretty women for short romances.

Go to another board -