TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Regarding Visa - ESL discussion
Please help us! - 2005-07-13
In response to One year ago today - ESL discussion (Michael)

Hi Michael,

I read the post and gave me alot of ideas and spirit. I've been in this field of expertise for more than 3 years though not much as yours, I continue to hone myself in this business even I come from asia. To give you a brief intro, I studied in University of Cambridge which happen to be one of the best University in New South Wales and earned my degree and training in teaching speakers of other languages. To make it short, I have all the qualifications and experiences needed. I taught in middle school and senior high school students. My wife and I came in China holding an "L" visa and was changed into "Z" visa after 6 months of teaching. Then this visa was expired last June 30 and about to be extend. Just after 10 days, the teacher who is responsible for this told me that I should go back home and apply for the working visa in China Embassy which is impossible for now due to the fact that we don't hold any valid visa anymore. On top of that, we are going to pay 500 yuan (for each person) for each day of staying in China. As of now, they are saying that they are working to get the visa but my nerve is racking that they are only deceiving us and what we will do once they really cheat us. They signed me a contract for the next term but I know anything can change and I should be ready by then. The school is a good school (I think) because everything goes well. I hope you will find time to answer this or give me some advice.

Goodteachers2005

Messages In This Thread
One year ago today - ESL discussion -- Michael -- 2005-07-12
Good Info - ESL discussion -- SiamSap -- 2005-07-13
Regarding Visa - ESL discussion -- Please help us! -- 2005-07-13
Don't just disappear--tell us what happened - ESL discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-07-15
Go to your embassy - ESL discussion -- RhenoKorean -- 2005-07-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Regarding Visa - ESL discussion

Go to another board -