TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › On India vs China
Dragonized - 2013-06-20

To the credit of the Curious poster, the attempt to establish the country of China as being developed did reach some potential with the support of the NY Times article. However, this is not really a new debate. For me, the issue of India vs China is a pretty moot one as both countries have way to many societal issues that need to be fixed before thinking they can put themselves up to be compared to anyone else. One who lives extensively in either country can also easily see the other one as grass being greener on the other side. Here is a good example of a news article written by an overseas Chinese heritage journalist on India:

http://www.epochtimes.com/gb/12/8/10/n3656052.htm

One thing I do admire about most of the Indian people I have met when working abroad is that they will not pander to or put China up on a high pedestal, unlike some Native Westerners even if they are working there. They are taught to respect themselves more than Chinese and they exhibit more confidence. Being in a seemingly richer place on the surface will not distract them from carefully evaluating the environment and political atmosphere. India may seem to have poorer infrastructure in many places, but the fact is it is still a more free society where poor people have more say than China. If a country such as China put half the effort into caring and listening to the folks with less money, they might have become a developed country full of innovation.

· Previous · Next Return to Index › On India vs China

Go to another board -