TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Riot after Chinese teachers try to stop pupils cheating
juanisaac - 2013-06-25

My cousin works in import/export in Mexico city. He tells me stories about Chinese representatives that come showing their wares that are well made and at a low price. When the importer receives the goods they are all crap or break very easily. To the Chinese mind that is called being "clever." But to the rest of the world that is called deceit. Now Mexico City merchants prefer to buy their wares from Korea and Japan because what they sell is well made and guaranteed. Even though the goods are more expensive, merchants are willing to pay more. What the Chinese have to understand is that to be really clever is too make more money over the years by selling more and more over that time. I would call it stupid to make money on one sale only for that to be your only sale.

That said, I have met some Chinese entrepenuers who are striving to make a good product. The founder of Haier comes to mind. In one story I heard about him he took a sledge hammer and destroyed a few refrigerators at his factory because they were not good enough. I hope the Chinese can continue his example.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Riot after Chinese teachers try to stop pupils cheating -- juanisaac -- 2013-06-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Riot after Chinese teachers try to stop pupils cheating

Go to another board -