TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Student Punishment
Beelzebub - 2013-07-05
In response to Re: Student Punishment (Irish Eyes)

It's gruesome, but really common in East Asia (not just China). My roommate (from the Philippines) used to talk about how her mother made her kneel on rice.

Honestly, I find that the Chinese tend to go one way or the other when it comes to kids. Either they are tiger parents who cow their children into total, dysfunctional submission until they are quivering balls of perfection in the classroom, or they raise their kids to be hyper indulged brats who are told that they are the glowing white center of the universe that everyone-not just the family, mind you-should naturally orbit around. There is an in between...but so few parents go for it.

Seems to me that all grumbling against China FT's would fit well into the British Empire attitude of we know best and the natives should do as we ask. Only difference is, is that the British invariably did know best, and grumbling FT's are just grumbling FT's.

Messages In This Thread
Student Punishment -- Melvin -- 2013-07-05
Re: Student Punishment -- Irish Eyes -- 2013-07-05
Re: Student Punishment -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-05
Teacher lifts Kindergarten boy by ears -- Melvin -- 2013-07-05
Chinese teacher gets sack after sharing pic of herself lifting pupil into the air by ears -- Melvin -- 2013-07-06
Re: Teacher lifts Kindergarten boy by ears -- The Rector -- 2013-07-06
Re: Teacher lifts Kindergarten boy by ears -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Student Punishment

Go to another board -