TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD
Gary R. - 2013-07-06

Here is the website of Worlda - http://www.worldaedu.com/, its Chinese name is 广州市沃迩德文化教育咨询服务有限公司 and the
company's manager is Mary Yu, I don't know who the principle owner is, but Mary is very much in charge of all daily operations. It really is unbelievable how corrupt and self-interested she, and all the people who work for the company, is. Recently we discovered that a number of our acquaintances who are still employed with Worlda have actually been informed by the police, who came into their schools to check in on the foreign teacher situation, that they were, in fact, working illegally. If caught again, they may face deportation. This, apparently, is not unheard of, as many schools (especially kindergartens) are not actually licensed to have foreigners working in them.

I could go on for hours, though, about all the situations Worlda has put its teachers in, but the most important thing I would like you to know is that they are a horrendous operation that, I hope, it will be shut down eventually.

Another company I would like to mention to you is Find Work Abroad. It's a very popular organisation which you may have heard of, and actually has a good reputation with many people, but since Find Work Abroad is the one who placed me and my girlfriend with Worlda, we place much of the blame for our situation on them too. Their website (https://www.findworkabroad.com/) clearly states that they only place teachers in contracts that are held directly with schools, meaning they do not place people at alternative placement agencies that, in turn, just go on to place them in schools. This is the direct opposite of what happened to us. (A direct quote from their website is: "We are one of few recruitment companies in China offering you a direct contract with the school. This means higher salary, no communication issues and a far more enjoyable position overall.").

Beyond this, FWA guarantees many services, including contract negotiation assistance, which, even after we phoned them begging (literally) for them to help us get out of our contracts (this was before we got a lawyer), they completely refused to help us in any way, and began avoiding our phone calls altogether.

So, Worlda is a horrendous company to work for, and they should be shut down immediately, but Find Work Abroad is just as bad for placing teachers in an organisation with a reputation as tarnished as Worlda's, and for blatantly lying on their website and making lofty promises they have no intention of keeping.

Messages In This Thread
Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Leo -- 2009-01-01
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Gary -- 2012-05-30
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Cedric -- 2012-07-05
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- previous employee -- 2009-09-28
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Gary R. -- 2013-07-06
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- John O'Shei -- 2013-07-27
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worlda Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Craig -- 2012-07-19
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Christina -- 2009-01-23
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Not surprised anymore -- 2009-01-23
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- A teacher previously employed by this company -- 2009-03-08
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- safenow -- 2009-08-31
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- lacrispy -- 2009-09-09
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Sam -- 2012-07-19
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- The Owl -- 2009-09-09
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- previous employee -- 2009-09-28
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Anon -- 2010-04-20
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- englishgibson -- 2010-04-21
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Anon -- 2010-05-09
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Grace -- 2013-05-14
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- John O'Shei -- 2013-05-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD

Go to another board -