TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › DEATH NOTICE: Mr. John Haigh
A Friend - 2013-07-07

I am heart broken tonight to have taken a call from John's sister from Australia. Instead of John's dry humor and some joke coming across the cellphone tonight it was John's number on caller ID and a female with an accent. John's sister Catherine called me around 2140 hours tonight to report the death of Mr. John Haigh. John was a teacher and a recruiter from Australia and he had been living in China for at least 6-years that I can remember and he helped me to find a few ESL jobs and we hit it off. John had a heart condition and his cause of death was a heart attack. The funeral will be held tomorrow here in Beijing with a memorial service being held at a later date with immediate family in Australia.

John was just speaking with me last week via Skype about ordering various products for his heart because he knew he was in trouble. After banging his head against the wall for several years in China, he recently was near completion with a major piece of business that would have finally been the big pay day for John. John lived for a few years with his Chinese female partner and he regretted that they finally decided not to get married. I know that he loved her very much.

I have lived in China for many years like many of you and this evening I feel that the brotherhood is broken.

John was a serious teacher and he worked hard and he was truly passionate about education.

I feel as if I am lost tonight after taking this call and I will miss John. He was a friend. He was a gentlemen, and he was a teacher's teacher. I am very sad.

If you knew John, and if you wish to attend the funeral tomorrow, MONDAY JULY 8th 2013, please call John's cellphone and speak with his sister Catherine for details. The number is 15810194383

Rest in peace Mr. John Haigh.

You will be missed.

· Previous · Next Return to Index › DEATH NOTICE: Mr. John Haigh

Go to another board -