TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: no pun intended, Why go to China
Beelzebub - 2013-07-07
In response to no pun intended, Why go to China (Traveler)

Low salaries, rip-off by schools, hard to learn and understand language. Don't complain: You're just asking for it.

Pay is not low at all- I won't call it salary since that has connotations that you're doing a profession job, a job where you need to be highly qualified. However, not many of us are proper teachers-we are just little helpers brought in to add the icing to the cake, the cake that has already been prepared and baked by the qualified teachers, the Chinese teachers. We are here to, in the main, give the kids some entertainment and a break from the normal school classes, and to use our born with ability to speak to the kids in English.

Now you spot on when you correctly say that it is hard to learn and understand Mandarin. Any-body that tells you it's a piece of piss has never really attempted to study it- or attempted but failed when the novelty wore off. Am I right or am I right?

You are also right when you say ,don't complain. If you do find yourself complaining, it's time to head for the door- for your own dignity and self-respect.

Messages In This Thread
no pun intended, Why go to China -- Traveler -- 2013-07-06
Re: no pun intended, Why go to China -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-07
Re: no pun intended, Why go to China -- San Migs -- 2013-07-08
Re: no pun intended, Why go to China -- San Migs -- 2013-07-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: no pun intended, Why go to China

Go to another board -