TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › L1 vs L2 in the classroom: when teachers use Spanish in the ESL classroom
Fern McLelland - 2013-07-09

Okay, I am trying to research a problem topic for school in my ELL program, but I cannot find ANYTHING related to what I am searching for. PLEASE HELP! I am trying to research the problem that occurs when teachers use Spanish in the classroom to help teach their ESL students. While this is very useful for those whose L1 is Spanish, it is certainly a problem for the Asian or perhaps French or German speaking students. The problem is that they end up learning Spanish before they learn English. Does anyone know where there has been research done on this and where I can find it so I can back up my thesis in a paper?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Sincerely,
Fern McLelland

Messages In This Thread
L1 vs L2 in the classroom: when teachers use Spanish in the ESL classroom -- Fern McLelland -- 2013-07-09
Re: L1 vs L2 in the classroom: when teachers use Spanish in the ESL classroom -- Anon -- 2013-07-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › L1 vs L2 in the classroom: when teachers use Spanish in the ESL classroom

Go to another board -