TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How much do you really know?
Dragonized - 2013-07-14
In response to Re: How much do you really know? (Beelzebub)

The issue isn't merely about China or about any other country. I chose a life of work and travel, and I have met some great people abroad, as well as some of the worst I have ever encountered in my life. Now for me the types of people I would end up communicating with the most are also my colleagues who choose a similar lifestyle, and the best as well as worst would be found amongst them as well. My own maturity and growth through this taught me the value of honesty and truth, so anytime I come across something which is dishonest and untruthful wherever I am at I will speak out about it. I happen to see this on the forums, and I choose to speak out against what I see as harmful and useless "advice" which leads people nowhere due to the inherent lack of value provided. That is all. If I had the extensive experience of working in another foreign country, I'd do the same thing. Just so happens I do have this experience with China, and I continue to have access to this experience due to my own personal understanding of her language, history, and various customs to an extent.

You should be careful too what assumptions you make about places where you haven't worked. For example you said you never worked at Yuncheng IELTS, yet you have written extensively about how the African Teachers there supposedly weren't qualified and even made disparaging remarks about their personal hygiene. Now, for me that could mean you merely took the words of another person who may have worked there for a limited amount of time and took his/her words as being truthful without actually having experienced it yourself. Did you work with African Teachers at any jobs you may have had in the past so that you may actually draw from your own personal experiences? If you don't know any better, then saying things like this can certainly make folks think you have grudges against others because of race and/or ethnic background. Now how many people would believe you after that, besides those who are already racist?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Beelzebub Says-Why are Chinese Americans unhappy? -- fromthebeginning -- 2013-07-13
Re: How much do you really know? -- Dragonized -- 2013-07-14
Re: How much do you really know? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-14
Re: How much do you really know? -- Dragonized -- 2013-07-14
Re: How much do you really know? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-15
Re: How much do you really know? -- Dragonized -- 2013-07-17
Re: How much do you really know? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How much do you really know?

Go to another board -