TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How much do you really know?
Beelzebub - 2013-07-15
In response to Re: How much do you really know? (Dragonized)

You should be careful too what assumptions you make about places where you haven't worked. For example you said you never worked at Yuncheng IELTS, yet you have written extensively about how the African Teachers there supposedly weren't qualified and even made disparaging remarks about their personal hygiene. Now, for me that could mean you merely took the words of another person who may have worked there for a limited amount of time and took his/her words as being truthful without actually having experienced it yourself. Did you work with African Teachers at any jobs you may have had in the past so that you may actually draw from your own personal experiences? If you don't know any better, then saying things like this can certainly make folks think you have grudges against others because of race and/or ethnic background. Now how many people would believe you after that, besides those who are already racist?

You see, there you go again, Dragonized, twisting the truth., I never made disparaging remarks about the hygiene of Africans- on the contrary I said they paid due care and attention to their hygiene. I think you had better find a post I wrote so as you can prove your accusation!! And this false reporting....well, you are doing it all the time about China and the Chinese.

The African teachers all have degrees and their status in China is legal. They are nice people- sadly it's difficult to understand what they say and more importantly they are not teaching 'The Queen's English' and before you tell me that it's difficult to understand somebody from New York or Newcastle because of their accents-I will say to you those examples are native -born speakers and foreigners should learn that we do have different accents. Anyway, I have never met a natural English speaker with a strong accent who didn't know how to tone it down inside the classroom; whereas African can't tone down their accents.

Where are you in China?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Beelzebub Says-Why are Chinese Americans unhappy? -- fromthebeginning -- 2013-07-13
Re: How much do you really know? -- Dragonized -- 2013-07-14
Re: How much do you really know? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-14
Re: How much do you really know? -- Dragonized -- 2013-07-14
Re: How much do you really know? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-15
Re: How much do you really know? -- Dragonized -- 2013-07-17
Re: How much do you really know? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How much do you really know?

Go to another board -