TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: San Migs may have to leave China
John O'Shei - 2013-07-16
In response to San Migs may have to leave China (San Migs)

You aren't the only one considering leaving China, I would have been considering it if I hadn't signed up for my next uni teaching job. I am particularly concerned about the fact that these regulations; although they may indeed have some positive effects, are simply intended to make things harder for foreigners to deflect blame as China is about to enter a stage of economic uncertainly and potential unrest. I will pay attention to what happens in the next year or so, because if things get too tricky, I think that next year will be my last in China. It is a shame because a side project of mine is proving to be potentially successful in the future, alongside one or two others in the pipeline but I am ultimately here as a teacher and I have prioritise that part of life for now.

It may be the case that many foreigners will quickly get replaced by locals, which is understandable in hard times, but one positive thing is that poor quality training centres may struggle to exist in light of the new regulations getting enforced.

One American guy that I know of, has decided to pack it in due to the great amount of hassle, others are considering it. China is becoming far less attractive.

Messages In This Thread
San Migs may have to leave China -- San Migs -- 2013-07-16
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- foxy -- 2013-07-17
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- Dragonized -- 2013-07-17
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-16
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- John O'Shei -- 2013-07-16
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- juanisaac -- 2013-07-16
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- San Migs -- 2013-07-16
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- juanisaac -- 2013-07-17
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: San Migs may have to leave China

Go to another board -