TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How much do you really know?
Beelzebub - 2013-07-16
In response to Re: How much do you really know? (Davyhulme Sewage Tank Worker)

To be fair, Turnoi, that will depend on each expat FT, but for those who have had nothing but bad experiences and rotten luck in their home country in this the UK, they will feel more grateful to a country that gives them a job, nice girlfriend/wife, and new circle of friends, new experiences and so on.

I can tell you that my own hometown back in little quaint (sic!) olde england is not even safe to walk around at night, you are liable to be mugged by one of the many influx of eastern europeans, if a woman hassled by packs of muslim guys, or just stabbed by some drunken white smackhead looking for a fight, not to mention the dirty streets, and poor quality housing in many parts. Not saying all England is bad, there are indeed some nice parts, but for many returning to their hometowns fills them with dread. You would like qingdao turnoi, lots of german architecture and beer.

Precisely right. I don't hate my own country-I look back on it with fond memories, but it's not there any more-I don't recognise it and I don't recognise the people. A bit like some prankster friends have entered my house while I'm on honeymoon-stripped the walls and papered the whole house with gaudy exotic wallpaper. Maybe Germany is the same and you have to go to that beer-brewing Chinese city if you're a German to feel more at home-perhaps Turnoi knows-we should ask him.

Messages In This Thread
Re: How much do you really know? -- Davyhulme Sewage Tank Worker -- 2013-07-16
Re: How much do you really know? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How much do you really know?

Go to another board -