TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How much do you really know?
Dragonized - 2013-07-17
In response to Re: How much do you really know? (Beelzebub)

This is the 2nd time I am trying to put up a post to respond to you. I will get to the main point and say that you merely disagree with what I am saying because you do not have the experience. From my point of view, you simply have not reached the point where you truly can compare fairly the western vs chinese argument that is being perpetuated. For me, I see someone who wants to put me and others down on a lower "hierarchy" of sorts. This is coming from someone as you who admits that he doesn't have much social leverage back where you come from yourself. You don't like the inequality that was heaped onto you back home, so what do you do on here? You establish the idea that those with a differing opinion belong somewhere lower on the totem pole, so to speak. I feel that you are getting away from inequality only to create your own inequality to make yourself feel more balanced. Unfortunately, you fail to see the fact that you do not actually know enough about the people whom you are talking to to make that kind of judgement. I am not saying I will divulge any personal information to you, but this is my honest opinion.

If you really wanted to create some sort of fair environment for discussion, you would not be degrading others with name calling like SH ("sniggering hyenas" in your vocabulary?). I have stated before that I have stopped using "grovelling weasel" because it does not fairly encompass what others are like. Also, this is another person's idea, and the one who came up with this term has trolling tendencies of his own. Not something I want to be associated with. I do not take what you say as a joke, and the fact that you still want to see me as something less than human is more indicative of your own level of character than anything.

Lastly, I would like to say to the board mods that I understand you do not want any arguments. I would like to steer away from that as well. What I am putting out on this post is not based on impulses of emotion nor is it on any whimsical thoughts. I thought this out over some time and I am putting it out as clearly as possible. If you do not feel as if this post is worth putting up, you will not be hearing from me again. It would be best if both sides left on good, mutual terms.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Beelzebub Says-Why are Chinese Americans unhappy? -- fromthebeginning -- 2013-07-13
Re: How much do you really know? -- Dragonized -- 2013-07-14
Re: How much do you really know? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-14
Re: How much do you really know? -- Dragonized -- 2013-07-14
Re: How much do you really know? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-15
Re: How much do you really know? -- Dragonized -- 2013-07-17
Re: How much do you really know? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How much do you really know?

Go to another board -