TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How much do you really know?
Beelzebub - 2013-07-17

I was referring to your hygiene statement on Africans in your post that I responded to. Why would you mention it if you had no problems with Africans? Sorry, you haven'r answered my question. I have heard defaming statements on the hygiene of Africans many times in South Africa from white people who do not realise that the times of Apartheid are over.

I have said that the [edited] smell is distasteful to some Chinese students- nothing to do with hygiene, it's just their natural smell. We all give off a certain scent- actually the Chinese don't give off much at all. I am always hearing FT's grumbling about how the Chinese don't use antiperspirants and how difficult it can be to buy. Well, not much of a market for it actually because they don't suffer from under-arm odours as much as white people, when it gets hot. No No, Turnoi I was just mulling over little facts of life- The trouble is now is that all of that is out of context with how and why I brought up the scent thing in the first place-I didn't just blurt it out for no particular reason.

Messages In This Thread
Re: How much do you really know? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How much do you really know?

Go to another board -