TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Wonderbra - ESL discussion
Dos - 2005-07-20
In response to You're alright Jack! - ESL discussion (Yingwen Laoshi)

>>I'm here already Dos. Have been for nearly three years, and plan on staying as long as I like. If you don't like, or don't feel inclined to support your fellow teachers out here, then maybe you should go back.

Well, YL, I feel I *do* support my fellow teachers. I give advice (and it is only advice) when people ask it of me, and I have written several documents to help people with their Visa/Contract questions.
I draw the line at telling people what they should earn. That's up to you.
I would be more than happy if the pay went up, but the market (as for anywhere for anything) tends to settle at a rate the schools, and obviously the teachers, rate as okay.
Each to their own. I wasn't saying don't whine, but it's obviously not going to help. If there was a good and obvious way to increase pay then I would offer my support, believe me. No one on this, or any other board I have seen has suggested a way I consider feasable.
You have been here three years, so you are obviously okay with the salary.

>>Oops!, sorry you're not a teacher, you're a Dos!
It explains a lot!

Actually, yes I AM a head teacher. However the name I use is made up of my initials! Been noted more than once though. Freaky old world.

As an aside, even when I was earning 'just' a teacher's salary, I was actually able to save a decent amount money (in dollars). Mainly because the school provides acomm and living is generally cheap, so there isn't the outlay you have back 'home'. Go figure.

Messages In This Thread
Salary Whining is a real pain! - ESL discussion -- by: John - teacher in China -- 2005-07-19
You guys are all awesome - ESL discussion -- Howard Zinn, Historian -- 2005-07-21
Whiners whining about those who 'whine' - ESL discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-07-20
Fine, don't eat your bacon - ESL discussion -- MPP -- 2005-07-21
whiners whining about those who whine - ESL discussion -- JinChaFa -- 2005-07-20
Re: salary whining - ESL discussion -- JinChaFa -- 2005-07-20
What are you worth? - ESL discussion -- BD -- 2005-07-20
Education - ESL discussion -- Paul Barry -- 2005-07-31
Actually, that is only the ideal--It'snot reality - ESL discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-07-21
The valuable commodity brotherhood - ESL discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2005-07-20
Touch! - ESL discussion -- BD -- 2005-07-20
Same old... - ESL discussion -- Dos -- 2005-07-20
You're alright Jack! - ESL discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2005-07-20
Re: same old - ESL discussion -- JinChaFa -- 2005-07-20
Wonderbra - ESL discussion -- Dos -- 2005-07-20
Not WHINing but they're WINEning and dinening - ESL discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2005-07-20
Wise Up - ESL discussion -- MGM -- 2005-07-20
TTSS and you can help me! - ESL discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2005-07-20
We're Not WHINing ,but they're WINEning and dinening! - ESL discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2005-07-20
Your post is right on target.. Excellent post Dos!!! - ESL discussion -- Silver -- 2005-07-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Wonderbra - ESL discussion

Go to another board -