TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: same old - ESL discussion
JinChaFa - 2005-07-20
In response to You're alright Jack! - ESL discussion (Yingwen Laoshi)

Yes, to echo Yingwen's sentiments, I'm already here, have been for sometime and have no intention of leaving. I'm proud of my ability to help the Chinese in their endeavor to learn English as a Second Language in order to improve their lot in life and their standing in the world community; however, I refuse to be exploited here as adamently as I refuse to be exploited at home. And why shouldn't I have the same values here? Is there something unique about China that should cause me to cast away my values as if they're a ragged and overworn pair of shoes? No. Moreover, when I negotiate my wage and benefits I do so with an awareness of my value as a qualified and experienced educator and I find that my confidence in those qualifications and experiences is appreciated and ultimately rewarded by those who are interested in my services. But if I were to accept less, they would of course gladly give it to me.
So you see Dos, my advice is exactly the opposite of yours. I say, come here with confidence knowing your skills are needed and refuse to accept a mere pittance of what you can and should be earning. Only someone with blinders on can't see that the schools and agents are the real profit takers, and how could they do so if it weren't for people like you willing to accept far less than what could and should be paid. Yep, they love you idealists and, as I've said before, they're laughing all the way to the bank.

Messages In This Thread
Salary Whining is a real pain! - ESL discussion -- by: John - teacher in China -- 2005-07-19
You guys are all awesome - ESL discussion -- Howard Zinn, Historian -- 2005-07-21
Whiners whining about those who 'whine' - ESL discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-07-20
Fine, don't eat your bacon - ESL discussion -- MPP -- 2005-07-21
whiners whining about those who whine - ESL discussion -- JinChaFa -- 2005-07-20
Re: salary whining - ESL discussion -- JinChaFa -- 2005-07-20
What are you worth? - ESL discussion -- BD -- 2005-07-20
Education - ESL discussion -- Paul Barry -- 2005-07-31
Actually, that is only the ideal--It'snot reality - ESL discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-07-21
The valuable commodity brotherhood - ESL discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2005-07-20
Touch! - ESL discussion -- BD -- 2005-07-20
Same old... - ESL discussion -- Dos -- 2005-07-20
You're alright Jack! - ESL discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2005-07-20
Re: same old - ESL discussion -- JinChaFa -- 2005-07-20
Wonderbra - ESL discussion -- Dos -- 2005-07-20
Not WHINing but they're WINEning and dinening - ESL discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2005-07-20
Wise Up - ESL discussion -- MGM -- 2005-07-20
TTSS and you can help me! - ESL discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2005-07-20
We're Not WHINing ,but they're WINEning and dinening! - ESL discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2005-07-20
Your post is right on target.. Excellent post Dos!!! - ESL discussion -- Silver -- 2005-07-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: same old - ESL discussion

Go to another board -