TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: re: smoking and the C of E church
Beelzebub - 2013-07-28
In response to re: smoking and the C of E church (Davyhulme Sewage Worker)

Hello all,

In research for a paper and just out of curiosity, what is smoking considered amongst christian cultures like the UK? In china, smoking is socially acceptable, but what about amongst church goers?

I remember reading christian pamphlets stating masturbation was the devil tempting people. So what about smoking? Can priests smoke?

I hope someone can give me some answers as I need to finish this?

Cheers.

As luck would have it we do have a smoking priest on this very site, so you should ask him. I personally do not agree with depriving folk of the right to smoke; however, it could very well be a sin according to the bible. I can't quote you chapter and verse at the moment but the bible clearly states that you should offer a clean body up to God when you die- and something about the body being a temple. I should imagine smokers are sinning big time. I am an atheist I should say.

Another grievous drawback from being a smoker is that you end up smelling like an old ashtray, and I'm afraid Chinese girls do not like that one little bit. [edited]. Some FT's never seem to be able to find a Chinese girlfriend and it could well be down to something like smoking cigarettes. I hope I have not digressed too much from your interesting post. If we can all go into this in a little more detail I feel it could help out the odd smoking poster, as well as assisting you in your research.

Messages In This Thread
re: smoking and the C of E church -- Davyhulme Sewage Worker -- 2013-07-27
Re: re: smoking and the C of E church -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-28
Re: re: smoking and the C of E church -- John O’Shei -- 2013-07-28
Re: re: smoking and the C of E church -- Dragonized -- 2013-07-28
Re: re: smoking and the C of E church -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: re: smoking and the C of E church

Go to another board -