TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Best Learning School in Beijing, China
Irish Eyes - 2013-07-31

Hi, Turnoi,

When I first started with them, they did some things that I found obnoxious. The first few months, the worst things were happening to other FTs (ie, getting stranded in Thailand), so they never really registered to me. Even the annoying stuff that happened to me, I wrote off as a fluke. I did have a work visa, and I didn't feel like re-entering the visa drama by quitting and finding a job elsewhere. So, I ignored the BS until I got really fed up.

By the time I was really fed up, it was just too damn late. Their contracts had 2 month notices as the exit clause (if I was on a shitty F visa, clearly I would have just jettisoned 2 weeks of pay and cleared out. When you are on a Z visa, you don't have the luxury of doing that, and have to follow the rules). By the point I would have been out, I would have quit with a few months to go before getting reimbursed flights & end of contract bonuses (which, to be fair to BL, they don't gyp you on). So I slogged through for those perks, since I figured I deserved them. Slogging through was so freaking miserable, though. I was counting down the days until I was out from like 5 months to go. Not worth the end of contract perks at all.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Best Learning School in Beijing, China -- Irish Eyes -- 2013-07-31
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Best Learning School in Beijing, China

Go to another board -