TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › It wasn't really a 'nightmare' - ESL discussion
Rheno747 - 2005-07-21
In response to to rheno - ESL discussion (william)

Hey, William. I appreciate your post. In all honesty, I have to say my situation in South Korea wasn't really a nightmare.

I researched my school beforehand. I got feedback from two current teachers and one former teacher. I asked the director all the questions I thought I needed to (albeit I shoulda asked more). According to the director, it was a great school and I'd be teaching high school kids.

What happened? He lied about the ages of his learners. His plan for me really was to put me in front of his youngest students. Should he be held accountable? Yes, but not entirely.

Part of the blame rests on MY shoulders. Yes, MINE. You see, when one goes to ANY new job, he should be prepared for whatever is thrown his way. Being prepared in this case meant being able to bend my own values.

Sure, I don't teach young learners, but that is my own choice. When my director pulled a 'fast one' on me, I could have just accepted the situation. But I have my values. If I'm lied to, I'm out.

My reaction was really my own choice. The school IS awesome, but I won't work for a liar. And I don't teach brats.

Thanks again,

R747

Messages In This Thread
to rheno - ESL discussion -- william -- 2005-07-20
My TRUE nightmare, if you wanna call it that - ESL discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-07-21
Jobs - ESL discussion -- BD -- 2005-07-21
It depends on what you're looking for - ESL discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-07-22
Latin America = Pepto-Bismol user, Home = McDonalds' intercom speaker - ESL discussion -- BB -- 2005-07-21
Mmmm... - ESL discussion -- BD -- 2005-07-22
It wasn't really a 'nightmare' - ESL discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-07-21
Huh...? - ESL discussion -- BD -- 2005-07-20
i dun see anything wrong with my post - ESL discussion -- william -- 2005-07-20
huh - ESL discussion -- JinChaFa -- 2005-07-20
i wasn't arguing,i was just expressing my opinion - ESL discussion -- william -- 2005-07-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › It wasn't really a 'nightmare' - ESL discussion

Go to another board -