TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › My TRUE nightmare, if you wanna call it that - ESL discussion
Rheno747 - 2005-07-21
In response to to rheno - ESL discussion (william)

William, I have a few minutes left in the cafe, so I thought I'd write one more reply to your post.

South Korea wasn't a nightmare for me. My true nightmare is the fact I came to Thailand to take my TESOL training and then got a job HERE. You see, when you come here, you don't get reimbursed for your flight to get here or go back home. Schools in SK WILL either provide your ticket or reimburse you for it later. My school in SK provided my ticket and even was contracted to provide me with a RETURN flight when I finished up.

This is unheard of in Thailand.

So....now I'm back here in Thailand waiting for a job to materialize somewhere in the likes of Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore or some other place. Unfortunately, I'm not finding any jobs that teach high-school-age learners or older. This means I'm probably going to have to go back to my home
country--the USA.

Being as I taught a year in Thailand, I won't get a return ticket back home like I would if I'd taught the last year in SK instead. That's right--I must buy the ticket myself using the meager savings I managed to accumulate here.

That's the nightmare, if you want to call it that. I already have a good job back in the capitalist (yuck!) USA, though. It's not all bad.

Messages In This Thread
to rheno - ESL discussion -- william -- 2005-07-20
My TRUE nightmare, if you wanna call it that - ESL discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-07-21
Jobs - ESL discussion -- BD -- 2005-07-21
It depends on what you're looking for - ESL discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-07-22
Latin America = Pepto-Bismol user, Home = McDonalds' intercom speaker - ESL discussion -- BB -- 2005-07-21
Mmmm... - ESL discussion -- BD -- 2005-07-22
It wasn't really a 'nightmare' - ESL discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-07-21
Huh...? - ESL discussion -- BD -- 2005-07-20
i dun see anything wrong with my post - ESL discussion -- william -- 2005-07-20
huh - ESL discussion -- JinChaFa -- 2005-07-20
i wasn't arguing,i was just expressing my opinion - ESL discussion -- william -- 2005-07-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › My TRUE nightmare, if you wanna call it that - ESL discussion

Go to another board -