TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › It depends on what you're looking for - ESL discussion
Rheno747 - 2005-07-22
In response to Jobs - ESL discussion (BD)

BD, it's EASY to find a job in Thailand if you don't get your hopes up or aren't too serious about teaching. I worked in Thailand for a year, and it was a pain, at least to ME. Thai students love to cheat, sleep, horseplay, and simply make a mockery of their own educations. It's pretty 'ghetto', in other words. I have high standards and demand better, so I've chosen to look elsewhere. And the pay here is absolutely miserable, especially considering what Thai students will put you through. I didn't get paid well, my students acted like they were straight out of Compton (without the guns and knives, however), and now I have to buy my own plane ticket back to the states. I could have gotten that free if I'd worked in SK the last year instead. AND I'd have made more money to boot. Would I have saved more? Who knows.

Maybe you're not like me, BD. Maybe you can put up with Thailand. If you don't need to make money and you can tolerate the miscreants and filthy bathrooms here, I think you'd be fine in the land of Thai.

Messages In This Thread
to rheno - ESL discussion -- william -- 2005-07-20
My TRUE nightmare, if you wanna call it that - ESL discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-07-21
Jobs - ESL discussion -- BD -- 2005-07-21
It depends on what you're looking for - ESL discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-07-22
Latin America = Pepto-Bismol user, Home = McDonalds' intercom speaker - ESL discussion -- BB -- 2005-07-21
Mmmm... - ESL discussion -- BD -- 2005-07-22
It wasn't really a 'nightmare' - ESL discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-07-21
Huh...? - ESL discussion -- BD -- 2005-07-20
i dun see anything wrong with my post - ESL discussion -- william -- 2005-07-20
huh - ESL discussion -- JinChaFa -- 2005-07-20
i wasn't arguing,i was just expressing my opinion - ESL discussion -- william -- 2005-07-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › It depends on what you're looking for - ESL discussion

Go to another board -