TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Turnoi's suggestion to report problems
Curious - 2013-09-06

Turnoi suggested to some unfortunate teachers a few times in the last month that they should report school owners who act illegaly. I totally agree, mostly when I see, according to articles like the one below, that things are changing in China: Teachers, in my opinion, can have an impact on bad school owners by investigating and reporting.

"HONG KONG — A court in northwest China sentenced a former provincial safety official on Thursday to 14 years in prison for graft, a year after he became a symbol of a callous and corrupt bureaucracy when Chinese Internet users circulated photographs suggesting he had been living beyond his means. [...] Mr. Yang’s case is one of many in China in recent years to demonstrate how local officials can be held accountable to public opinion, as ordinary citizens frequently turn to microblog posts and other online social networks to vent complaints against rampant corruption or other abuses of power.

"Chinese news reports over the past year have commonly referred to Mr. Yang as Brother Watch for his habit of wearing expensive wristwatches, which was first publicly exposed by Chinese Internet users in widely circulated microblog postings and eventually led to his downfall."

Messages In This Thread
Re: Turnoi's suggestion to report problems -- Curious -- 2013-09-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Turnoi's suggestion to report problems

Go to another board -