TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Approp. Text for Beginner Biz. Student
Jon Blue - 2013-09-15

Hello ppl,

Got a conundrum for y'all: Recently, I picked up a tutoring assignment with an ambitious, though grossly under skilled, student of English who wishes to acquire some level of proficiency in *business* English. Over a few lessons with her, I can say with clarity she's got a lot of basics to brush up on. Well, let's just say that the public school system in Japan failed her in this area...heh.

With enough repetition and sloooowing things down on my part, it's possible for her to engage in topics such as popular science and current events. Still, she's eagerly awaiting sth more directly focused on the biz. end of things. Prob is, I'm not aware of strong beginner-level books geared for learners of business English. If such a text/series exists, it would ideally narrow down on vocab. building coupled with light but interesting scenarios, disc. points.

Please, if anyone's got rec's share them here. Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Approp. Text for Beginner Biz. Student -- Jon Blue -- 2013-09-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Approp. Text for Beginner Biz. Student

Go to another board -