TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Help!-I am a newbee, wantabee, maybe?
Agreeablesort - 2013-10-19

Hello to everyone in the world and thanks in advance for a helpful hand. I am in my 50+ age and would like to spend the rest of my life traveling. Rather than spending money I would like to generate income while seeing the sights of the world, especially Europe and Eastern Europe. I am looking at earning a CELTA certificate from Cambridge. I have college degrees, mostly in business, but none in teaching other than a class in Educational Psychology I took as an elective. I would like to stick to countries where the locals do not eat dog for breakfast. I have already been told each employer makes their own rules. Can anyone tell me, in general, what my expectations should be about:

*Living arrangements-do agreements usually come with private studios or is it a normally a dorm setting?
*What is the difference between Celta, TESL and TESOL? I was told Celta had the best success for getting better jobs.
*Hierarchy of the powers to be, conflict management, what to expect of them, what is expected of me?
*What should be my expectation about standard of living while abroad and how does one handle grievances after arriving to language centers abroad?
*Do agreements with employers abroad contain provisions for medical emergency treatments?
*Generally speaking are teachers paid by the hour or salary?
*Does any part of my earning go to retirement or am I solely responsible for retirement investments?
*Do agreements with employers abroad contain provisions for airfare and transportation costs?
*How one get a job abroad and once one does is abroad how does one stay working after completing a job assignment?
*What about jobs in the USA?
*How long does certification last and would I need to take refresher courses to keep certification valid between work assignments?

Messages In This Thread
Help!-I am a newbee, wantabee, maybe? -- Agreeablesort -- 2013-10-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Help!-I am a newbee, wantabee, maybe?

Go to another board -