TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Excellence in propaganda in Shanghai
John O'Shei - 2013-10-26

Sorry Turnoi, but I am convinced that you have only visited shit chippies in the U.K.

I often feel that many tourists or short-term residents of the U.K can get a very bad impression of fish and chips due to only trying it once at a place in London, at a place that is run by immigrants who lack the knowledge of what real traditional fish and chips should taste like. Nothing against the immigrants in general, it is just the best places tend to have been family-run for many generations and through passed on knowledge, they know what they are doing. Many chippies of a rather generic nature these days and fail keep traditions alive, like the proper use of beef dripping for frying rather than vegetable oil, using certain types of potatoes etc.

I will say this to all foreigners that visit the U.K. You usually need to go to the coast for better fish and chips for obvious reasons, not to mention that what you get up north is also of far better quality than what you tend to get down south, due to wider choice of sauces etc.

Also, the Scottish tend to offer a few extra delicious delicacies of their own at their chip shops, but they are more or less heart attacks on plates, they offer deep fried just about everything... But you've probably got to try a deep-fried battered Mars bar once.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Excellence in propaganda in Shanghai -- John O'Shei -- 2013-10-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Excellence in propaganda in Shanghai

Go to another board -