TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Societies and cultures with traits of Oriental Despostism
Dicky Bird - 2013-11-24

And here was me thinking I had never met nor spoke to chinese people at the uni I studied at in the UK. Silly old me, they must have been klingons from star trek gazillion in the future and not chinese people then. Ever heard of "hua qiao ren", or those chinese who choose to live outside of China for varying reasons? One could easily label all Russians as being racist because of the actions of the two fellows who blasted a Dagestan resident in the face, but should we stereotype?

They do tend to be a bit fashist, the Russians and Eastern Europeans but I got a lot of respect for them, they have that get up and go, they always seems to have some little racket up there sleeves for coigning in the brass. You look at how they manage in the UK for instance, they have virtually taken over some shady business schemes hehehe. Same in China they are muscling in on teaching English on fake degrees lots of times. But I respect them, they don't allow small obstacles to get in their way.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Societies and cultures with traits of Oriental Despostism -- Jamie Overweight -- 2013-11-23
Re: Societies and cultures with traits of Oriental Despostism -- Dicky Bird -- 2013-11-24
Re: Societies and cultures with traits of Oriental Despostism -- Dragonized -- 2013-11-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Societies and cultures with traits of Oriental Despostism

Go to another board -