TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: two brits to be deported in beijing...
John O'Shei - 2013-12-13

I feel that what is possibly going on under the surface; is so confusing at times, that I can not bring myself to write a clear and structured post about all of the possible issues.

I'm not sure if the government deliberately went after his father though. It was possibly just a coincidence that the father was the passenger on the bike when it crashed, was checked as is standard procedure, was also found to be an illegally employed teacher at the same school. I wouldn't be surprised if the school was checked for other illegal teachers, but it appears that they only caught those two guys. The employer might have not even been a school, it was rumoured that these guys were previously involved with popular local restaurants.

The question is, what was the man riding the bike actually deported for? The unregistered bike, the lack of a licence or being illegally employed? Some say it was 3 strikes and out, but there must have been an actual crime which proved to be the final straw. I haven't heard of people getting deported for unlicensed bikes before though.

I do think that if he was employed illegally, why is the employee vilified rather than the employer? Employers will just pay a fine and go about their nasty ways. The employee gets publicly shamed and loses his job.

Then again; I heard a story that Metro English was reborn and re-branded as Meten English, simply because the amount of fines that the original company received had pretty much destroyed them. Can't confirm that though. However, what is worth noticing... The school involved in the Beijing incident, only got fined 20,000 RMB, peanuts really.

Messages In This Thread
Re: two brits to be deported in beijing... -- John O'Shei -- 2013-12-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: two brits to be deported in beijing...

Go to another board -