TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Inviting Turnoi's comments: NYT article "Africa and the Chinese Way" by Murithi Mutiga
Curious - 2013-12-17

I forgot to add, following your statement "And as much as I am against such a leadership, I have to admit that it is obviously the only way that works for developing nations " that the USA, Canada, Australia and NZ during the relatively short time they were developing nations, put democracy in place at a very early stage. But it's due to the fact that both had strong links to a long history of democracy in the UK, 'a Western "product " grown over centuries in a Western setting' as you wrote. India and Hong Kong also adopted democracy based on their links to the UK. The Philippines and Japan after WWII, based on their links to the US. But China did not like the incursion of Western Countries on its territory and maybe rejected democracy out of spite??

Messages In This Thread
Re: Inviting Turnoi's comments: NYT article "Africa and the Chinese Way" by Murithi Mutiga -- Curious -- 2013-12-17
Re: Inviting Turnoi's comments: NYT article "Africa and the Chinese Way" by Murithi Mutiga -- Curious -- 2013-12-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Inviting Turnoi's comments: NYT article "Africa and the Chinese Way" by Murithi Mutiga

Go to another board -