TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: "China Must Purge Mao's Ghost" Article by Gao Wenqian, a senior policy adviser at Human Rights i
Dragonized - 2013-12-27

Like the freedom to go down-town without much risk of being beaten to a pulp by drunks, as in The UK.

This has happened to laowai who worked in China as well. You might be from a ghetto area of Britain. I have never been to your country but I am quite sure places like Chelsea are not filled with drunks or gangs wondering around.

I myself was assaulted by a drunk once at a train station in the state that I reside in. With that being said, the police were on to him in a matter of minutes after I reported the incident. A foreign teacher in China who is married to a Chinese woman happens to know a local Chinese police official who is a close friend of the woman. He has repeatedly asked the police to get involved with a case of pedophilia where a 14 year old girl was sexually assaulted by a Canadian man in his late 40's. He got the response supposedly that the police cannot do anything about things like that.

No society has ever gotten completely rid of things like poverty and crime. The better ones marginalize the criminals to the fringes. The worst ones let the criminals run the country for thousands of years!

Messages In This Thread
"China Must Purge Mao's Ghost" Article by Gao Wenqian, a senior policy adviser at Human Rights in China -- Curious -- 2013-12-26
Re: "China Must Purge Mao's Ghost" Article by Gao Wenqian, a senior policy adviser at Human Rights i -- Dumper McFoodle -- 2013-12-26
Re: "China Must Purge Mao's Ghost" Article by Gao Wenqian, a senior policy adviser at Human Rights i -- Dragonized -- 2013-12-27
Re: "China Must Purge Mao's Ghost" Article by Gao Wenqian, a senior policy adviser at Human Rights i -- Tosh -- 2013-12-27
Re: "China Must Purge Mao's Ghost" Article by Gao Wenqian, a senior policy adviser at Human Rights i -- John O'Shei -- 2013-12-27
Re: "China Must Purge Mao's Ghost" Article by Gao Wenqian, a senior policy adviser at Human Rights i -- Dragonized -- 2013-12-27
Re: "China Must Purge Mao's Ghost" Article by Gao Wenqian, a senior policy adviser at Human Rights i -- Tosh -- 2013-12-27
Re: "China Must Purge Mao's Ghost" Article by Gao Wenqian, a senior policy adviser at Human Rights i -- Dragonized -- 2013-12-28
Re: "China Must Purge Mao's Ghost" Article by Gao Wenqian, a senior policy adviser at Human Rights i -- San Migs -- 2013-12-27
Re: "China Must Purge Mao's Ghost" Article by Gao Wenqian, a senior policy adviser at Human Rights i -- John O'Shei -- 2013-12-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: "China Must Purge Mao's Ghost" Article by Gao Wenqian, a senior policy adviser at Human Rights i

Go to another board -