TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Not all... - Teachers discussion
Dos - 2005-08-18
In response to Police and Resident permit in China - Teachers discussion (Mabel and Claude Gordon)

Mabel and Claude, not all places are as bad as this.

One has to wonder somewhat why you stayed on for so long, despite the lies and hassles the school put you through. Okay, doing a visa run to HK once, maybe, but TWICE? How long does it take to learn a lesson?

Many of your experiences are far from unique to China, and others (including myself) have gone through the same sort of thing. Myself, I learned quickly (after the first HK run) and found myself somewhere better. Total reliance on others will get you where you are now, back home. Some thinking and looking around could have resulted in you finding and moving to a better place.

Some of the things in your post are simply 'China'. (There are a lot of people here you have noticed). You complain about them, but you are in another culture, for better or worse. It sounds like you should stick to 'safe' tourist resorts instead of trying to live somewhere which is obviously too different for you.

Messages In This Thread
China resident permit - ESL discussion -- tram -- 2005-06-29
Resident permit - Teachers discussion -- Jag Patel -- 2005-08-16
Police and Resident permit in China - Teachers discussion -- Mabel and Claude Gordon -- 2005-08-17
Not all... - Teachers discussion -- Dos -- 2005-08-18
Two trips to HK - Teachers discussion -- The Gordons -- 2005-08-26
Listen.... - Teachers discussion -- Mic -- 2005-08-22
can i - ESL discussion -- olasiji saheed olawale -- 2005-07-23
health check - ESL discussion -- geography expert -- 2005-06-29
China resident permit - ESL discussion -- cha yin zhe -- 2005-06-29
re:cha yin zhe - ESL discussion -- tram -- 2005-06-29
Z- visa - ESL discussion -- Dos -- 2005-06-30
Re: Dos - ESL discussion -- tram -- 2005-06-30
health check - ESL discussion -- tram -- 2005-06-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Not all... - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -