TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › In Response To IVAN YERKINOFF statement about Africans. - Teachers discussion
clement - 2005-08-22
In response to Racism - ESL discussion (LaCher)

I am an African from the former British Cameroon and I have been teaching English in China for close to three years. I am presently teaching in a college in Beijing. Many people around the world have different opinions about blacks and Africans. But for those who know much about Africans, they will agree with me that most Africans from the English speaking regions or countries in Africa speak and teach English better than some of those who claim to be more of native speakers than others.
I wish to remind my dear Ivan Yerkinoff that Africans can do better than him/her as far as teaching English is concern. If you are racist, you should not help to pollute others mentality. It is a shame when you write thus "Then after using your picture without permission they will hire Africans that can bearly mumble a word of English because they are cheaper". Did you realize the spelling error in your sentence? I think you deserve the treatment you received from the schools in Shijiazhuang because from your write up, it is clear that you are not a good person/teacher.
If you have realized the error you made in what you wrote, it would be good to apologize for it. If not, then I wish you well in your ignorance. I will respond to any call through the number 01069264109

God bless you.

Messages In This Thread
Racism and ESL teaching in China. Would you still apply? -- Whiteman -- 2005-02-14
Racism in China, Etc. -- Hangzhou Teacher -- 2005-02-14
Racism in China - Do foreigners bring this upon themselves? -- An Inquiring Mind -- 2005-02-15
There is Racism in ... -- An Inquiring Mind -- 2005-02-15
The "Laowai", Racism and Personal Space in China -- An Inquiring Mind -- 2005-02-15
What's wrong, Laowai? -- Chunping Alex Wu -- 2005-02-16
Response -- Mic -- 2005-02-18
Laowai does not mean anything bad in a friendly way -- Alex Wu -- 2005-02-19
Yes Mic... -- Chinaman -- 2005-02-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › In Response To IVAN YERKINOFF statement about Africans. - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -