TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: (VICE Magazine article) This could be what ESL in China needs...
John O'Shei - 2014-01-11

I honestly think that sadly the western public does not give a rats arse. They are too busy navigating creaking infrastructure, trying to earn a living and getting out of an economic crisis, while coping with miserable weather and high living costs. The fate of the esl industry in China is the last thing on their minds I imagine, when they face another 10 hour stint in a office or warehouse and bills due at the end of the month. At the end of the week they most likely want to get smashed, not read some article on vice about the state of the esl industry in china......apathy perhaps, yes, but really noone cares what goes on in China in the west, much like China does not really care to learn about wai guo.....

1.7 million likes on facebook, it is not huge number in the big scheme of things, but it is still a big number. Like I mentioned, the Krokodil article, news of that extended far beyond Vice's usual readership.

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: (VICE Magazine article) This could be what ESL in China needs...

Go to another board -