TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: On happiness
Dragonized - 2014-01-22

Some good points there Cunning Linguist. I think when you've lived in several countries like I have you come to the realization of how big the world really is. You can't always be living in an environment where everyone wants to be the one in control like in China IMHO. At the end of the day, should a Western Guy married to a Chinese Girl dominate your mind if you don't find what they say to be all that important? Should people who have worked in funeral homes be taken seriously when they say that all ESL teachers lived in a rut back home doing other perceived "low" jobs?

While it may sound crude to an intellectual of your caliber I must say that "picking Crusty Dragons come out of my Beak" has a more interesting ring to it than bragging about your ESL credentials if you're the Willyless Woodenbrained type who thinks you're on par with folks who have actually achieved something in the field of education. You also may realize the empirical significance of statements like "Plutonian Men married to Martian Women" once you've met the proud foreign men who somehow have stuck themselves with a Chinese Girl, and believe they've completed their Napoleonic transformation. Hahaha!

Messages In This Thread
Re: On happiness -- Dragonized -- 2014-01-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: On happiness

Go to another board -