TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: GW's on ESL websites.
Dragonized - 2014-01-29
In response to Re: GW's on ESL websites. (John O’Shei)

To be fair, the Muslim Noodle places in China were pretty decent. I did home cooking as well as eating out. I'd say it was half and half. I didn't always get the noodles when I went to those places though. They have a lot of dishes there, too. If you're willing to spend around 30 yuan you can get 2 large dishes with a soup as well as a plate of beef and eggs over rice. It was a good deal if you were eating in a hurry. Proper restaurants always leave you spending around 50 yuan.

The problem with someone like The Thing or The Shifter's ilk is that they don't know anything about any ethnic groups or cultures. They put their judgement purely on creed, race, or whatever you're born into. Fact is, the world is a lot bigger than just your skin color. I have said this before but I highly doubt a white person would appreciate it if someone of another skin color walked up to them and said "you're Roman, period" and judged everyone on the more pale side as carrying the habits of this extinct culture. This type of racism unfortunately is found all over the USA. There is a reason it is still in the top 10 for discrimination from some survey rankings, though other publicized countries like Russia, India, and China are on there as well.

Messages In This Thread
Re: GW's on ESL websites. -- John O’Shei -- 2014-01-28
Re: GW's on ESL websites. -- This is terrible!!! -- 2014-01-28
Re: GW's on ESL websites. -- John O’Shei -- 2014-01-28
Re: GW's on ESL websites. -- Dragonized -- 2014-01-28
Re: GW's on ESL websites. -- The Thing -- 2014-01-29
Re: GW's on ESL websites. -- Dragonized -- 2014-01-29
Re: GW's on ESL websites. -- John O’Shei -- 2014-01-29
Re: GW's on ESL websites. -- John O’Shei -- 2014-01-29
Re: GW's on ESL websites. -- Dragonized -- 2014-01-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: GW's on ESL websites.

Go to another board -