TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"
John O'Shei - 2014-03-06

For me it is the incredible part of China that I can never understand: How can less then one-million foreigners be so much trouble for this country? After we are thrown out, who are next to be blamed? To tell you the truth: Pollution, unsanitary food, an alien culture, and how Chinese do things from day to day will throw out more foreigners out of China than the Chinese government. My small town has 6 new teachers and all of them are leaving this year and next year. They don't want to stay here for a few years.
The Chinese will receive economic refugees in droves. BUt those ex-pats who can contribute more, are leaving.

Very true, I think that the next project that I will most likely sign up for, might be one of the very last chances for me to be involved in something where I am actually really contributing something and starting something new. A lot of expat types have completed their projects and returned home or moved on to the next big developing country.

There's several reasons for that, the Chinese have upped their game, overseas graduates are often choosing to return home and so on. There might be a few more opportunities in the West, if this 50 provinces plan comes to fruition, a few cities may get a new boost, but overall there will be less expats coming over.

Messages In This Thread
Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB" -- John O'Shei -- 2014-03-06
Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB" -- juanisaac -- 2014-03-06
Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB" -- FamilyManMcFocus -- 2014-03-08
Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB" -- John O'Shei -- 2014-03-08
Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB" -- John O'Shei -- 2014-03-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"

Go to another board -