TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"
FamilyManMcFocus - 2014-03-08

Sometimes I hear this idea about 'economic refugees' (who may be very talented or not) but I don't really see anyone like this coming to China. I think they become 'economic refugees' after living in China and realizing they aren't saving enough money to exit China and return home properly.

Anyways, I do think ESL teachers will be leaving China more often than new ones arrive. It will take a few more cycles but I do expect to see far less. Mainly due to the new disrespect for foreign teachers and the arrogance of too many Chinese employers. (undeserved).

And as for 'economic refugees' I get the sense these would be just as likely to leave - although I don't really see this distinct group. Maybe the better teachers would stay since they might have the better jobs/locations/schools in China.

Vietnam, Cambodia, maybe these will be the new destinations for ESL teachers?

Messages In This Thread
Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB" -- John O'Shei -- 2014-03-06
Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB" -- juanisaac -- 2014-03-06
Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB" -- FamilyManMcFocus -- 2014-03-08
Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB" -- John O'Shei -- 2014-03-08
Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB" -- John O'Shei -- 2014-03-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"

Go to another board -