TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Article in SCMP: US language tutor jailed for 30 years for sexually exploiting children in China
FamilyMcFocus - 2014-03-12

1. Like most westerners I would like to see this piece of garbage executed. I will donate money for the bullet or noose.

2. The good news is that 99.999% of foreign teachers love children (many being parents themselves) and would do anything to protect their Chinese students. 99.999%

3. I don't know about everyone else but I most definitely had to provide an up-to-date (within a year) RCMP 'criminal record check' last year (2013) and will be providing a newly updated one since I've been back home and will return to a new contract.

4. I have no idea why these pedophile types would think the PRC is any kind of desirable destination - this isn't Thailand (and I know they are trying to crack down) but I'd think most criminal types would and should be intimidated by a nation that doesn't hesitate to execute drug smugglers or drop some serious jail time in VERY UNCOMFORTABLE prisons.

5. Unfortunately, I don't think the rate of child abuse is any less in the general local populations (which doesn't seem to be especially high either) so I suppose there is no special 'foreigner problem' here.

6. What infuriates me is people who've been caught. When I was a teenager a notorious rapist was finally caught (after multiple rapes and most teen girls) and btw - he was an immigrant from China -anyways, this Chinese immigrant was caught and now 15 years later he's released and has been seen happily walking around downtown in exactly the same places where he'd raped those girls. WTF?

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Article in SCMP: US language tutor jailed for 30 years for sexually exploiting children in China

Go to another board -