TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Need help with Chinese characters
Mr BJ Box - 2014-03-23

Hallo all

I wonder if you can help me. I am accompanying my son to China shortly where he starts his first teaching position at a university. My company have taken advantage of my visit and asked me to purchase some hardwood in the Harbin area. I will visit factories there but have a communication problem. I need to buy good quality timber without any 'dead knots' in the grain, or any 'live knots' which are actively exuding resin. I have found the characters for grain and knot and something else, but I imagine I cannot just add the characters for live and dead to make any sense. Can somebody please tell me the characters for. 'We don't want any dead knots which will require filler' and also 'We want live knots but none which are actively exuding resin?' Many thanks in advance. I just need these characters to show them and will not try and say anything in Chinese. Regards Barry.

Messages In This Thread
Need help with Chinese characters -- Mr BJ Box -- 2014-03-23
Re: Need help with Chinese characters -- juanisaac -- 2014-03-25
Re: Need help with Chinese characters -- Mr BJ Box -- 2014-03-25
Re: Need help with Chinese characters -- Language Expert -- 2014-03-23
Re: Need help with Chinese characters -- Mr BJ Box -- 2014-03-23
Re: Need help with Chinese characters -- Bang -- 2014-03-24
Re: Need help with Chinese characters -- Mr BJ Box -- 2014-03-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Need help with Chinese characters

Go to another board -