TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China.
juanisaac - 2014-04-16

If the "selfie" generation keeps going the way they are they might not have these jobs either. The school I work at tells me I am the best teacher they've had. I was shocked because this does not even feel like a job. The other ones were fired for being unrealiable. In other words they did not show up for class, were drunk, or like some guy from Canada before liked to hug his boy students too much. I can't conceive of what work ethic these ex-pats had to not be able to do an unbelievably easy thing as teach Oral English.

TO give some more examples, the first school I worked at did not want to sign another contract with me to hire a strapping young grad from the states. He left after 6 months, and so did the guy after him. With such a bad work ethic young ones are being passed over for middle aged and older teachers in some schools. Better to have a dancing monkey that performs than one that does not get out of his cage.

Messages In This Thread
The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China. -- just saying -- 2014-04-15
Re The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China. -- Lucky Strike Larry -- 2014-04-16
Re The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China. -- juanisaac -- 2014-04-16
Re The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China. -- Nova -- 2014-04-20
Re The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China. -- juanisaac -- 2014-04-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China.

Go to another board -