TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China.
juanisaac - 2014-04-17

The gist of my post is that people need to do their jobs as best they can. In China or anywhere else. My mother has worked in factories for 35 plus years and she refers to herself as a donkey doing manual work, but she does it. However even in down economic times she has never been out of work for long. Lazy people exist everywhere, that has always been true. Selfies can do bettter than to work in China, but if they do end up here I hope they would expend the effort.

I remember a tract written 100 years ago called "A Message to Garcia." The writer told a story of an American soldier who was told to do a job and just did it. The author said that a worker who either digs holes or owns a company they still have to do the job.

In China I teach oral English, reading, Business English, history, social studies, Spanish and writing. I do get frustrated,bored, and crazy. Not to mentioned that I have lived in Chinese cities where I have been the ONLY foreign teacher in town. But I do the work.

Messages In This Thread
Re The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China. -- juanisaac -- 2014-04-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China.

Go to another board -