TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China.
juanisaac - 2014-04-20

Good for you that you did your work and finished the contract. That is what I want those that come to China to do, do a good job and finish the contract. If the school lives up to their end of the bargain, you should as well. If the school is a nightmare then yes you should leave early. I know a man who got the FEB involved and got out of the school what was on the contract- twice. If you go on to greener pastors great. Besides the "strapping young lad"I mentioned did not work at a training school but one of the best public schools in the province. The town was not good for his social life.

I've always taken issue with foreigners who think that some foreigners are always abused in their time working here. They are always the aggrieved and mistreated foreigner. For example, I knew two women that left one school just because they felt like it. They were treated well and were paid on time. But they just "got bored" and had to go home. I know one girl who lied to her school and told them that she was going to work for an English company expanding into town. Guess what, there is no English company. She just jumped ship to work for a higher salary with an internet based company. Whenever I see her she says "I don't care what happens. I just get paid." Quoting you "I believe in professionalism...and I also believe that professionalism is a MUTUAL expectation." In these cases the people that came did not live up to their end, did they?

I know another woman who had to go home every few months. The school took her to the airport and then had to bring her back. Another guy who just quit and went home because the internet was not connected in his room. I will stop there.

I criticize the Chinese a lot. There is crap these people do that I detest. With that said, I see foreigners play the victim game once too often. They have faults as well, you just mentioned them yourself.

Messages In This Thread
The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China. -- just saying -- 2014-04-15
Re The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China. -- Lucky Strike Larry -- 2014-04-16
Re The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China. -- juanisaac -- 2014-04-16
Re The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China. -- Nova -- 2014-04-20
Re The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China. -- juanisaac -- 2014-04-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re The Selfie Generation may end up teaching English in China.

Go to another board -