TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Is "The Baker" illiterate?
mianbao_shifu - 2014-04-23

You are right, I am reading and watching ;) 8)

I'm not teaching anymore, currently on a hiatus so to speak. I have been doing a bit of modelling, and some work on a farm, all good stuff and a change from teaching. I am also not in OR on mainland China at this present time.

If you are quite vain and arrogant, nowt wrong with that, noone is 100 percent perfect, even the most egotistical of pricks of which there are a lot in Asia (and China...esp. so over the past number of years!). I wouldn't say most of all chinese people are all the time, a lot of the demanding women can be obnoxious, but try and see past those, and the arsehole FAO's(esp the male ones!). The nice people will be met NOT where you work, always something I have stood by, and I have taught english not just in China, but in 2 other foreign countries also. Yes, I've always worked hard, in the UK and abroad....not afraid to get up early, nor pick up a broom or shovel. I'd agree part time work in a western country pays more than tefl does in China, but China is good if you want to be lazy for a while and earn and save some money for little effort....lots do that, both retired and not. Just my two cents....it's good for cheap beer and food, but can become boring fast beyond that.

Won't move back to "good 'ol Zhongshan", I am considering Taiwan (china-lite mate!), but Zhongshan is far from a shitehole, nanchang or god forbid, even Wuhan is much worse.

Cheers on,
aussie pie floaters ahoy!!!!

Messages In This Thread
Re Is "The Baker" illiterate? -- mianbao_shifu -- 2014-04-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Is "The Baker" illiterate?

Go to another board -