TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re China's Century?
John O'Shei - 2014-05-06
In response to Re: Re China's Century? (jao)

This is mostly based upon what I'd just hear chatting to various people, but...

Every second company is moving production to other countries due to either lower labour costs or less red tape. Companies are even closing down operations in China. There's one Australian company who have said that moving production from Hong Kong to the mainland actually increased their costs, despite the lower wages and tax incentives of the free trade zone in that city!

The thing is that it is not just the foreign companies suffering from increased protectionist measures, I've even heard rumours of Chinese companies suffering from the changing circumstances like rising wage costs. Of course, a common solution is to move production from the coastal regions to the poorer central and western provinces, but don't be surprised if Africa starts looking more attractive to some of the Chinese companies in the future.

Vietnam, Indonesia and others are already destroying China on the low labour cost front, but even the developed world is looking more attractive than China now. I know of one guy in Dalian who was moving production from China to Canada because the land and tax incentives and plus the relative lack of red tape crap actually make things far easier and profitable for him. Some are even suggesting that Mexico is a more attractive location to manufacture goods than China now (https://www.frbatlanta.org/documents/pubs/econsouth/13q1_mexico_manufacturing.pdf)

China's going to have to do a hell of a lot of innovating or outsourcing of its own to stay competitive in the future.

As for India, they just love to f**k themselves with their own cocks. All the corruption, caste system bullsh*t and lack of modernisation prevents them from achieving their full potential. Overseas Indians will happily tell me that all the time.

Messages In This Thread
China's Century? -- ciu -- 2014-04-24
Re China's Century? -- jao -- 2014-05-05
Re: Re China's Century? -- jao -- 2014-05-05
Re: Re China's Century? -- John O'Shei -- 2014-05-06
Re: Re China's Century? -- Wu Mao Basher -- 2014-05-06
Re: China's Century? -- Jim -- 2014-05-05
Re: China's Century? -- speak_online -- 2014-04-25
Re: China's Century? -- photo -- 2014-05-05
Re China's Century? -- Yáng -- 2014-04-25
Re China's Century? -- juanisaac -- 2014-04-25
Re China's Century? -- vp -- 2014-04-25
Re China's Century? -- anon -- 2014-04-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re China's Century?

Go to another board -