TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Larry Taizhou bilingual school
Alister - 2014-05-14

I am a young British male. I have been teaching in China for almost three years. It is amazing when you put your details online in hopes of finding a suitable esl position the kinds of people that contact you. I've recently been contacted by the Taizhou bilingual school. I am absolutely confounded by the way this school treats potential teachers, it just stuns me. Here are some passages from the emails this person has been sending me and if you dont believe me I can take screen shots or forward you the emails.

"Looks like somebody is pushing it a little bit late looking for position. I guess this is good timing that we found each other as I am still in need of a teacher. We are taizhou bilingual school, we are right on the coast. Our school is right on the ocean. You can go lay on the beach between classes and work on your tan that will make all the british girls jealous. This is the best school in china and I am fond of you british bastards you guys are a bunch of fun. So why dont you give my school a chance, maybe send me your documents and we can discuss the contract and salary and I mean hey you can pretty much name your price at my school, theres plently of work and shit loads of students and classes to teach".

ok maybe not too weird but then and I apologize, please understand this is not me saying these things but taizhou bilingual school and if you are like me and are offended by these words by all means this school is advertising on this site and you can and should contact them.

"heres the link to our school son, check it out on esl teachers board. We cant hire aficans and fillipinos so we are looking for someone from a proper western country: u.s, england, so forth. Also you can look of google maps to see how close to the ocean it is, we gotta make sure our kids don't get swept away half the time hehe".

These people or this school should be bloody embarrassed. And then to top it off as if this person didnt get a clue or is just plain f%*ked in the head I get this:

"so whats it gonna be there big fella. Did you get a chance to check out the schools website yet. I hope youve got your sun screen packed. I know the girls here are going to be nuts about you. How long have you been teaching in china for by the way?"

obviously I havent been teaching here long enough to come across weirdos like you and now I am sorry I have.

Messages In This Thread
Larry Taizhou bilingual school -- Alister -- 2014-05-14
Re Larry Taizhou bilingual school -- Concerned Teacher -- 2014-05-22
Re Larry Taizhou bilingual school -- D. Eacher -- 2014-05-23
My Appligation to Taizhou Bilingual School....LOL -- Applicant -- 2014-05-15
Re My Appligation to Taizhou Bilingual School....LOL -- Greg -- 2014-05-22
Re My Appligation to Taizhou Bilingual School....LOL -- Applicant -- 2014-05-22
Re My Appligation to Taizhou Bilingual School....LOL -- Alister -- 2014-05-15
Re My Appligation to Taizhou Bilingual School....LOL -- Applicant -- 2014-05-16
Re My Appligation to Taizhou Bilingual School....LOL -- whoops -- 2014-05-17
Re My Appligation to Taizhou Bilingual School....LOL -- Alligant -- 2014-05-17
Re: Larry Taizhou bilingual school -- Ed -- 2014-05-14