TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Linyi University - Teachers discussion
Beth - 2005-09-23
In response to LINYI NORMAL UNIVERSITY??? (Doug Curtis)

I taught at this university for seven years and loved it.

Things are not done in China as they are in western countries, so you should definitely expect things to be different administratively. I recommend that you learn the culture of China and read lots of books about China before you come, to help prepare you for those differences. If you have a sense of humor, patience, an open heart, and a good perspective on things, chances are you can have a great experience. ;)

I know several teachers at the university right now who are having excellent experiences. They were well-prepared before they arrived in China. They treat the university leaders with respect, and they are treated well.

Linyi is a wonderful place to spend a few years. The people in Linyi are friendly and warm-hearted. I know some people have had bad experiences, but that by no means is an indication of everyone's experience. I recommend this place.

Messages In This Thread
LINYI NORMAL UNIVERSITY??? -- Doug Curtis -- 2004-08-27
Linyi University -- M. S. Lary -- 2005-01-10
Linyi Normal University -- concerned EFL teacher -- 2004-11-30
Re: Linyi Normal University -- Gareth Mostert -- 2007-11-22
Re: Linyi Normal University -- Paul Weiss -- 2011-01-05
Linyi University -- David -- 2005-01-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Linyi University - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -