TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Good advice to foreign teachers in China
Concerned Teacher - 2014-06-16
In response to Re Good advice to foreign teachers in China (John O'Shei)

Most foreigners aren't homeless losers that can't find employment in their own country, lol.

Not so certain on that. As for mine and presumably your country (the soon to be disunited kingdom?), I have found that foreigners with a roof over their head and a key to turn in their door back in blighty to be the exception rather than the rule. I even knew an aussie in his 50s who was living with his mum and dad and would borrow money off me from time to time, but he broke the cardinal rule, married a younger demanding chinese woman you see?

Almost every brit I've known in China in their 20s or 30s had to stay with parents after their time teaching in China, or in the summer break, you might be a bricks and mortar bloke and you seem like you are, and well done to have grafted and got a base. But many haven't, not meaning to argue, just stating some of my experiences of 7 years in China, and being at a uni where the staff was mostly all brits.

Cheers on,
CT

Messages In This Thread
Good advice to foreign teachers in China -- Genuine boxiangjiaopi -- 2014-06-13
Re Good advice to foreign teachers in China -- zài Devon de nà yí gè xiū xi shì de Bob -- 2014-06-13
Re Good advice to foreign teachers in China -- Highlander -- 2014-06-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Good advice to foreign teachers in China

Go to another board -