TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Why are so many foreign teachers leaving China?
John O'Shei - 2014-06-27
In response to Re Why are so many foreign teachers leaving China? (We come in peace (shoot to kill))

:D The tourist feeling will wear off soon... Been here since Feb 2013? You are just a naive newbie (sorry, just being honest!) and it would do you a lot of good to listen to those who have more experience than you. I'm not intending to bully you or anything... I was there in your shoes once.

Being modest, open minded and not having a sense of entitlement is all well and good; but no foreigner should ever be forced to lose their self-esteem and self-respect. Be careful not to sell your soul. Your business school might have constantly banged on about multi-cultural adaptability, but remember why you are needed in this country: You have skills to offer that they have a shortage of (although with the amount of foreign teachers in China, that shouldn't be the case). It's not being racist or arrogant, it is as you would say; 'what it is.'

By the way, I smell a bit of Chinglish, maybe you're just another wumao! In that case, I fully intend to bully you like you bully others.

You have to leave all that 'sense of
entitlement' behind, you do realise that guy right?

Using the word 'guy' incorrectly or in an unusual and not so natural sounding way (Americans, feel free to correct me, if you haven't smelled the same rat). The tell-tale trademark sign of a Chinese person that is trying too hard to sound American.

Messages In This Thread
Why are so many foreign teachers leaving China? -- Warren -- 2014-06-26
Re Why are so many foreign teachers leaving China? -- We come in peace (shoot to kill) -- 2014-06-27
Re Why are so many foreign teachers leaving China? -- John O'Shei -- 2014-06-28
Re Why are so many foreign teachers leaving China? -- John O'Shei -- 2014-06-27
Re Why are so many foreign teachers leaving China? -- Mingxiu -- 2014-06-27
Re Why are so many foreign teachers leaving China? -- Concerned Teacher -- 2014-06-27
Re Why are so many foreign teachers leaving China? -- Mingxiu -- 2014-06-27
Re Why are so many foreign teachers leaving China? -- John O'Shei -- 2014-06-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Why are so many foreign teachers leaving China?

Go to another board -